Wednesday, September 3, 2008
A "light" topic...
So we walked to the libary today. On the way we have to cross a busy road. Luckly there is a light that we can cross at. Today I noticed that the little man is only up for a few seconds then you have just a few more seconds to finish crossing. Well, this isn't good news if you are an elderly person, someone who has a disability, or a person with kids. (like the case today.) Well Hayden got to ride his bike to the libary and he was doing really good. He's just getting the confidence to go up and down the little hills in the sidewalk where you cross the road. Anyway I figured out the light is too short when he tried to go up the slight hill, couldn't, so i had to help push him. Well in order to catch him from falling I had to let go of sadie. So I get one kid up on the sidewalk while the other is still halfway on the road. Luckly nothing bad happened. But that made me think that the person who invented the crossing signs didn't have kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol..since being a mom I am finding that alot of things weren't made by people with kids. heehee
I really should talk to the city, seeing as how that light is at a high school crossing walk, so it's not just me that needs to cross. you can maybe get 2 students across in time. ok, well more but that is what it feels like.
There really is a lot of things like that. What else have you discovered so I know to keep my eyes out for them?
Post a Comment