So I've been down lately thinking about getting older. I know it's silly, but still, it bums me out. I read the other day on MSN an article about all the things sophmores (or those born in 1990) have known all their lives. Anyway, I like to watch those shows on VH1 about "I love the 80's" and such. Well a while back they had a "I love the 90's". I though, oh man, i'm getting old. I would watch the 80's one and laugh because I could vagly remember things or I've heard about what they were talking about, but when I watched the 90's I felt bad because I actually knew what they were talking about.
I know that probably doesn't make any sence, but I have just been feeling old lately. It's like, I used to babysit the kids born in the 90's, now they are coming up to high school. Ouch. "I'm sooooo ooooollllllldddddd."(said in a strained, dying voice.) Oh well, it as bound to happen one day. I suppose I should just embrace getting older, but it's hard ya know. It's like I dont' really know how to dress or how to act or what to talk about. If I talk about anything I remember growing up, then I'm old, but I have no idea what I am talking about with things now n' days. Come on! I graduated in '02. I'm only 24! I'm not that old.....Ah, I'm still old. :(
I hang out with people who are older than I am, but I don't mind. We seem to have stuff in common, so that's ok. But I think it adds to me feeling older. Or maybe its because I've been married for 5 years. Or maybe it's because I have 2 kids. Most people my age are newly weds, or just haveing their first kids. *sigh* who knows. Oh well. There's not much I can do about it anyway.....
3 comments:
Oh, Wendy! You have grown up beautifully but you are certainly not old. The best part of life is still ahead of you - enjoy it.
Christina's mom (who really is old but enjoys it anyway!)
LOL...you are way too cute! I know we already talked about this on the phone but just remember all that is ahead of you. And just think (after thought from our phone conversation), unlike me - you will still be "young" enough to enjoy your grandkids. I will have to chase them with my walker. :o)
I have the opposite problem. People still think I am young. I will be 30 in 5 months and I was commenting to the guys at work about the MSN thing you referenced earlier, and I got the comment, "How old are you?" I told them and they all were like, we thought you were much younger like 25. So since I hang out with younger people because most people my age have 4+ kids whose youngest are just starting pre-school. Isn't it funny how life situations can make us feel.
Post a Comment