So while walking home from the libary a man was in his yard, and he stared talking to my friend and I. He was polite, so we didn't mind. He said, "if you know anyone wanting to buy a house, that one across the street is going pretty cheap." Intreaged with the cheap part we continued the conversation. He's the dumb thing though. The very next thing that came out of his mouth was, "Yeah, illeagles keep looking at it. They don't speak a word of english. Anytime a house goes up for sale there are always illeagels looking at them." So we politely ended the conversation and kept on walking. I couldn't help but think how narrow minded that guy is. First off, how did he know they were illeagle? Did he ask them? Secondly, just because someone is hispanic doesn't mean they are illeagle. Apparently the thought never occured to him that some causassions could still be illeagle. Most people don't think about that. Which lead me to my other thougth...
People come to this country to make a better life for them. i don't mind that. In fact, if they are willing to come here, work hard and not make any trouble, then what's the problem? We have american born citizens who have made nothing of their lives, they have been mooching off of the government, and are extreamly greedy and selfish. Why arn't we booting them out? They aren't doing anything to better the economy. I know I don't know everything about what is going on, or "this and that" and I've kind of made stayed out of all that "opinionated" talk on purpose. (i.e. the medical system, immagrents, politics, importing & exporting and such) Mainly because I have other things to be worring about. But they guys comment bothered me and got me to thinking. And that is what I thought. It probably didn't make much sence and I probably contradicted myself a lot, but that's the main jist of what I was thinking.
Oh yeah, my last thought about that guy was, if I was someone looking for a house, I might have been interested until that guy made the comment. I don't think I would like to live by someone who is so closed minded or someone who is so openly opinionated. That just puts a "cramp in my style" ya know.
2 comments:
That would be very aggrevating. I posted on this topic on Andy's website. The jist of my post was that I know there are some illegals that come here and are very hard working and the US could really use them but I do wish they would come legally. You made a very good point that not all illegals are hispanic and not all hispanics are illegal. Now, the other thing you brought up about those in our country living off the system...oh boy, that could be a whole topic all in itself. Try living in New London, CT where A LOT of those indiviuals live.
I totally know what you mean. I wish we could have talked to our neighbors in Ft. Wayne before we moved in. It would have changed my mind real quick. My neighborhood was filled with the moochers and it just got passed on to their kids. The circle never ends.
Good post.
Post a Comment