Friday, September 19, 2008

My Zen Garden

So I am trying a new relaxing thing. I have made myself a zen garden (aka Japanesse Rock Garden) See, it's ont of those things were you rake the sand to relax. Anyway, I decided to put a plant in mine, hopefully I can keep it alive. You can't really tell, but it's a Hawaii lava plant. Which means it's a little plant that is growing in a lava rock. (I remember a lot of lava rocks growing up.) I didn't know where to find a little wooden rake thing, so I found a little miniture doll house rake at the craft store. So hopefully that will be fine. Plus I have a shovel too, so maybe I'll do so digging. Who knows. Before I made this I tried doing some reasearch on how to place the rocks, I couldn't really find anything in perticular, just that "the mind sees what it wants" sort of thing. It says that the mind sees the negative space between the rocks or something like that. Anyway, I arranged them so my mind can see what's really important, so then when I am raking the sand when I am frustrated, mad or just having a bad day, my mind will subcounciously "get the message". Anyway, we will see. So far it hasn't worked too well, but I think that's because when I was making it, Hayden (my son) decided he wanted to help me by raking and shoveling the sand while at the same time crouding me and making me bothered. I think I want to paint the tray though. I think I will paint it a dark brown or maybe a relaxing color (more "mind games") So can you tell what's in the rocks? Any suggestions on what color to paint the tray?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, remember me Jenny Low( Heidi's roommate oh! back in 1994 or 95 at LDSBC and I went to Arizona visited you and your family??), OMG! you're a wife, a mommy already. I just wanted to say very cute Zeh garden girl. I think Heidi needs one as well.My blog is www.jennyzestfullife.blogspot.com