Thursday, August 21, 2008

Monthly Update - August 2008

So I'm back on. So what has been going on these last few weeks?

Well, Sadie turned one. We didn't really do anything for her, but she didn't mind. (We did celebrate a little when we got together with Matt's family that week for family dinner.) She's been standing up more, but still no walking. But that is ok.

Hayden has started "preschool" I just sit down with him for a little while a day, then we go to the libary on Weds. He really likes it. He already knows a good amount, so we just do it for the structure. So that way he will be ready to sit still when it is time for kindergarden. Other than that he's pretty much the same.

Matt had to speak in sacrament the last two weeks. One was planned, the other was sprung on him. I actually got to speak with him the first week. I was really excited because that was the first time we have spoken together since we have been married. Then the next week the high councleman that was supposed to speak got sick so Matt got to do it. It wasn't so bad because he still had his talk from the week before. The funniest part was that 10 mins before he was going to get up, the stake president leaned over and told him that the spirit might direct him to talk about something different and that he should just go with it. That of course caught him off guard, but he did a good job. Work for him is going good. It kind of was a little slow, but it will pick up soon.

As for me, I have been trying to take up my hobbies again. I've made some bracelets for Sadie and I've cleaned off my craft desk, so I can actually do something on it now. I've been trying to sent goals, well reasonable ones, so we will see how that goes.

But that is it for the Funk family. till next time

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I think that would be very scary for me if the topic was changed in the middle of sacrament and was told to just go with it. I need a well thought out plan. I'm sure the spirit was with Matt that day, its the only way I would survive.
Glad to see you back on.

Roemmele Family said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear all is going well. Ila's chiroprator actually said that the longer a child waits to walk the better it is for their neurology system. That is a good idea to get Hayden ready to sit still for Kindergarten. I agree with Shanna - I would be scared to have a change like that. About your bracelets. Have you ever thought of doing a "mother's bracelet". Go take a look at www.mommybracelets.com or www.custombraceletsbylisa.com to see what I am talking about. I think you could totally do that. I am planning on doing one (or more) for myself once mom comes out in Nov.

Again, glad you're back!

Shelly said...

Good to see you back! I hope you're doing well. I didn't know you make bracelets. That's cool. I'd love to see them some time. Maybe a good post...? :)