Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why Bon Bon....?

So the story behind the nickname goes a little like this...

It was the last week of my 9th grade year at Union Middle School in Sandy, UT. I knew my family was moving during the summer, so I decided to make it a little more interesting for me. I decided to make up a new nickname for myself. I tried out a few different ones during that last week, like Bambi, and Fletcher(to name a fed) but the one that I liked the best was Bon Bon. Not exactly sure why, I just liked to say it. Anyway, on the first day of school I remember in science class when the teacher was taking roll, he would call your name and if you went by a nickname you were to tell him (I.e. Matt instead of Matthew). Well, I decided to tell him my nickname was Bon Bon and that I had just moved and everyone at my old school called me that. No one knew any differently, so it stuck. It was awesome! I had students calling me that, and teachers....everyone! It was kind of like my own little inside joke. :) Toobad it fizzled out by my senior year. Some people would still call me that, and I thought it was cool. Now I guess I'm the Bon Bon Mom. :)

No comments: