Now it's extremely late and I am so very cold (my ceiling fan is going and I'm right under it) so off to sleep I go, hi ho hi ho-it off to sleep I go....
Sunday, January 15, 2012
My Orchard
So I have an analogy about my life...it is like an orchard. A fruit orchard. It is filled with a bunch of trees and I am the one who takes care of all the trees. I prune them, keep them watered and fertilized. I have to make sure they get enough sun light and that I take the bad fruit off the trees and keep the weeds away. So, here is what all that means...the trees=Hayden, Sadie, Carson, my marriage, my church calling, myself, my household, etc. The water=the gospel. The sun=my faith. The bad fruit=bad habits. The weeds=Satan. And the fertilizer=my energy. As of right now, none of the trees in my orchard are dead or dying, so that a good sign. BUT, the "myself" tree is very overgrown and need some serious tending too. I have been putting all my energy (fertilizer) into other trees, mainly my kids and my household. I need to figure out how to disperse my energy to all the trees evenly. There's a problem though, my fertilizer works TOO well. As soon as I prune and care for one tree, I move on to the next and the previous tree regrows IMMEDIATLY! I don't even have to move on to another tree for that to happen. I could just take a break, or get sick or get distracted and BAM there goes all my hard work. Ah, but what to do about it all. I told my hubby that I wish I could hire someone to come and help me get on top of my orchard, but alas, my orchard is surrounded by a huge brick wall and I have lost the key to the gate. I can hear others on the outside calling to me and giving me support and cheering me on. But sometimes those can be distractions too. (Now to add a spiritual outlook) I know that the "Land Owner" can help me out. He doesn't need a key, I just have to ask and He'll be there. He gave me this orchard to tend to, knowing that I would be able to make it beautiful and plentiful. He has provided me the tools to get it done as well (I.e. the prophets, the scriptures, prayer, etc.) He understands it's hard work and that it can be discouraging at times because He had His own orchard before He became the owner of the land.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment