Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Trying to feel younger.




So I've really been having a hard time with getting older. I know I'm just turning 25, but still...if I live to be 100, a 1/4 of my life is gone. And what have I done? Nothing really amazing. Nothing i will be able to say, "The first quarter of my life was amazing, i did this, and this, and this...." Sure I had kids, but I'm gunna have more, so that's not exclusive to the first quarter.

Anyway, I am also feeling really old because most the people my age only have one kid, or they are just getting married and such. Like just yesterday, my son was sitting on my lap and I thought to myself, "Hayden is 4. I have a 4 year old. I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD! Ack, I'm getting old." It didn't help that one of my close friends made the comment that I am 25 going on 50. That stung. But I'm slowly getting over it.

So, what am I doing to get over getting old? Well, first I got a new "younger" hair cut. Those pictures aren't the best, but that's roughly what my hair looks like. When it's actually done it's cute. Those were "just out of the shower, take a picture with the webcam" look. Anyway, it looks cute. And I feel a little better. Although, my son keeps on insisting that doesn't like my new hair and that he needs my old hair and that my bangs are being rude.

My biggest thing that I did was I had a chat with myself. And here's about how it goes. (before you read, keep in mind that in my religion we believe we lived before we came to earth.)

Wendy, (although I used a different name.) You lived before you came to earth. you will live after you die. YOU are immortal, but your earthly body is only here for a little while. It is temporary. It's kind of like you are like Logan on X-Men, no one knows how old he is. Once you are done learning what you need to learn on earth you will leave your mortal body and return back to Heavenly Father. So really, you are old. Your soul is timeless. And the older your mortal body gets the closer you get to returning back home where you belong.

I know it probably doesn't make any sence, but it helped me. Now i feel like i have been rejuvinated. Pepped up. Good to go. Ready to accept getting old because it gets me closer to heaven. So now I need to stop worring about my mortal body getting older, and i need to "enjoy the ride" Who cares if I age, if I get old and wrinkly. If I live the way I should, it just means I am getting filled with wisdom and experance. Filled with happy memories and fun times with my family. And I will now be done rambling and let the fun commence. :) Have a wonderful life for yourself.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

If your old I'm really old! That's funny what kids say. It does look good though if I do say myself

Aunt Cindy said...

these pictures are much easier to see then the one you sent me on my phone. I like it

Roemmele Family said...

I will remember to give you the immortal pep-talk next time you start to rag on yourself about being old. :o)