So when I newspaper person prints an article that is wrong someone writes in and then they print something saying that they were wrong...I think it's a retraction, or rebuttle, or something, I can't remember. Anyway, that is what I am doing now.
It is difficult for me to type this, mainly because I don't like being wrong, and my pride plays a huge part in that. But my family is going thru a trial right now and something I think I am suposed to learn is humility. So here it goes...
When I started my blog a while back I posted an article on my new job. At the time I was too prideful (stubbern, pig-headed, whatever you want to call it) to admit that our family was starting to have some financial trouble. When Matt started his own business he was still working at his old job, well then they told him that he either needed to quit or sign a contract to be with them for another year. Matt wasn't sure what to do because he wanted to stick with them until he felt like he had enough in our finances to go out on his own, but he also felt like his business couldn't grow if he was still working for someone else. So anyway, he quit, without the finances to back everything up. Well because we are horrable at our budgeting and spending money, it started to dwindle fast. Because Matt's business wasn't "thriving" and because we suck at spending money Matt started to worry. So I offered to get a job to help out.
That's where, in my blog, I was wrong. I stated that I was working because I wanted to work, not because I had to work. Well that is a part truth. I'm working at were I want to work, but I had to work to help with bills. Now I am working almost everyday except for Sundays trying to help out.
I'm not trying to have a pitty party, I'm not looking for "handouts", none of that. I suppose I'm writing this because it, in order for me to grow and learn from this trial, is just something I need to do. I would just like understand, no "i told you sos" or anything like that. I feel bad enough having to admit this. I am also saying sorry to anyone I hurt of offended because of my attitude during that time. I know now that my blog article came off really wrong, I was being arrogant and pridefull, and I'm sorry.
K, that's all.
2 comments:
Well I think that is very brave of you. I don't care what the reason is you are working I think you are an amazing wife, mother, cousin, friend, and person as a whole. Love ya!!
I checked out your website...way cool. Good job! I linked it to my blog!! I'll start telling people about it. Maybe we'll all have to get together and start a puzzle sometime! See you later.
Post a Comment