Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lessons from pregnancy

Being pregnant is like waiting for the second coming. You know it’s coming, you just don’t know exactly when. There are signs for both coming. You wouldn’t ignore the signs of your coming baby, so why do we ignore the signs of the second coming?

Both can be referred to as “The Great and Terrible Day” depending on if you are prepared or not. If you don’t have insurance, if you don’t have any clothes for the baby, if you don’t have anywhere for the baby to sleep, these all can be scary if you know your baby might come any day. And what if your baby comes early? What will you do? If you are anything like me, you’d probably be scatter brains running around with your head cut off trying to get everything ready. And still forget something that’s a necessity.

But if you watch for the signs, prepare yourself, your family and surrounding then it wouldn’t matter when the baby came. You would be at ease. Are you at ease knowing that Christ will be coming again? Are you ready if He comes tomorrow?
I’ve been watching the world get worse and worse and I think of it like the last trimester of a pregnancy. The uncomfortable feelings of being so big, the fact that you can’t do anything about it coming, the ups and downs of hormones; These are all signs that something wonderful is coming. Sometimes, at least for me, I wish that the Second Coming would happen already so things can start to get better no worse. (I feel that way at the end of my pregnancies also. Ya know, have the baby so I can stop feeling fat and such…)

I know I’m not one to talk, seeing as I feel I’m defiantly not ready (for the Second Coming or if a baby was to come. No I’m not announcing anything.) But I’d like to be. I would like to have myself ready as well as my family and anyone else I can help get ready. That is why I’m posting my thoughts on this, to hopefully get us all inspired to prepare ourselves, because no one knows when it will be and it makes me sad to think that most of us are not prepared and what will happen because we aren’t.

That’s all, till later.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Very inspirational. I guess it hits best for me cause I am going through the uncomfortable stage right now and I am anxious for when this baby comes. I have had the same thoughts about the second coming. I wish it would just get here so I wouldn't have to worry about the bad things coming and I would know my kids would be safe.

Sara H said...

Very interesting analogies, Wendy! :) I like them.