Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lessons from Kool-Aid

Have you ever made Kool-Aid? I love it. Well sometimes you have to mix the flavors to have enough to drink. Anyway, sometimes the mixtures are good. Sometimes, not so good. Then you have to worry of putting the right amount of sugar in and the right amount of water. It can be a little complicated but it's worth figuring out because I like it so much.

I got to thinking and making Kool-Aid is a lot like making a marrage. Both people have to mesh together to make something wonderful. Think of the people like the two different flavors of Kool-Aid. Sometimes you think that the two flavors work good together, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But then you learn for next time.

I've learned that you need to give a little to get a little and change your priorities to make each other happy. But because you love that person you are happy to do it, to make some changes to become the best you both can be.

Marrage is not a place for selfishness. If, in kool-aid, one flavor is way to overpowering it makes for some nasty kool-aid. Same with marrage. If one person is too consentrated on themself the marrage isn't going to be as good as it could.

I'm not saying I have the perfect marrage. We've had our bumps and "miss measurements" sometimes. But this is what I've notied from past relationships and from observations of myself and others. That's all.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

That is so true. We are all different flavors and it takes the right mixture to get a great taste. I guess that's what dating is for. You mix and test until you find the right match. Its adding the sugar and water I guess during a marriage that makes it last.