Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feeling insignificent...

So have you ever had the feeling of insignificance? (I know I probably spelt that wrong, but I don't really care.) Well I did the other day. I actually felt that way more than once. It's not the feeling of worthlessness, it's more like a feeling of smallness. Kind of like when you are taking a picture. When you zoom in you see a little baby nose, but when you zoom out you see more and more till you see that the little baby is sitting in a large building, like a musem or something. The little baby is insignificent compared to the vast room it is in. Well that is how I felt the other day. Nothing really brought it on, I was just thinking about days, weeks, months and years. Thinking of what my life would be like in a few years, then moving to 18 years and so on. It did make me feel old, but that's pretty normal lately. :) I've heard of the analogy of the pieces of the clock that all have to work with eachother in order for the clock to work, but I don't think that's what I'm feeling like. I think it's more of the feeling like sometimes life drags on, but then you think about it and you think,"where did my life go?"

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I think about that with my kids. Where did my little babies go. When did they go from sleeping all day to not taking naps anymore. But don't worry, you are not old. And far from it. Cause if you are old that makes me older and I don't feel old.

Roemmele Family said...

I must admit I have had that thought before but not as deep as you. :o) I am with Shanna - you aren't old. You may feel it but you aren't. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi! hope all is well! Droppin in!